New Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The good, the bad, and the ugly
Events are happing EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:45 pm by Admin

» Events are happing
Events are happing EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:29 pm by Admin

» Progress! . . .
Events are happing EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:10 pm by Admin

» Soulmen(jordan)
Events are happing EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm by soulmen

» Basic starting blocks
Events are happing EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:41 pm by Admin

» Okay so uni isn’t so demanding as I first thought.
Events are happing EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:39 pm by Admin

» MP Architecture: Client/Server or Peer-2-Peer?
Events are happing EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:34 pm by Daemn

» What I am working on at the Moment READ!
Events are happing EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:15 pm by Admin

» Development Framework available at SourceForge
Events are happing EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 am by Hairein

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Events are happing

Go down

Events are happing Empty Events are happing

So adding an events system wasn't as hard as I thought, It took just under a week to get the basic blocks set up and running. Images can now be loaded to the program via "scripts", with the option of each, performing "actions" based on user input. Buttons also have the option to play sounds when clicked, although there are problems, the first button clicked takes slightly longer than normal to run its code.

Although I wizzed through implementing events, I afterwards spent a considerable length of time trying to determin a way to have certain images turned off when the program starts. I've had no luck so far, just dead ends.

Whilst i'm in "things that have gone wrong mode" I have this wierd problem, whenever I set alpha blending to a specific image it applies this to the whole screen. However even though I havent altered the code for setting alpha blending in about 4 weeks I'm getting unexpected results.

Over the next few weeks i shall be to working on expanding the number of event At the moment there are only two possible actions <setscreen> and <quit> Smile However having said this I also think that it is important to add the option of multiple actions. Just thinkg about this gives me headaches.

I guess thats all I can think to tell you at the moment, if your interrested in joinning the program drop me an e-mail as seen in my first post. At the moment it's just me Sad I encourage anyone who wants join as this is a good learning experiance. It defintly has been for me, but then again I would say that. It's my project I'm trying to get you into. Smile Untill next time!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://spartanstudioforum.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum