New Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The good, the bad, and the ugly
Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both? EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:45 pm by Admin

» Events are happing
Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:29 pm by Admin

» Progress! . . .
Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:10 pm by Admin

» Soulmen(jordan)
Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm by soulmen

» Basic starting blocks
Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:41 pm by Admin

» Okay so uni isn’t so demanding as I first thought.
Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:39 pm by Admin

» MP Architecture: Client/Server or Peer-2-Peer?
Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:34 pm by Daemn

» What I am working on at the Moment READ!
Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:15 pm by Admin

» Development Framework available at SourceForge
Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 am by Hairein

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both?

3 posters

Go down

Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both? Empty Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both?

Post by Hairein Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi all,
to concentrate our design, I would like to read everyone's opinion on the intended game type. My understanding of the requirements and personal preference goes to a pure multiplayer game, where we can decide how many players we would allow to participate in a single game on a specific map:
1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 etc. up to 4 vs 4 with asymmetric combinations, e.g. 2 vs 4.

The other options here are: MP with play against an AI, or even a full single player campaign against AI in a set of maps.

I would not really want to go there though. For ease of development, I prefer just a pure multiplayer game, no AI enemy, no interconnected maps (campaigns) and up to a maximum of 4 vs 4 player (asymmetric) game sessions. Each game session should be targetting 30 ~ 180 minutes average playtime.

Leaderboards, persistent scores etc. are also required to make the game attractive long-term though. Not easy to make!
Hairein
Hairein
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both? Empty Re: Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both?

Post by Admin Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:28 pm

Firstly I belive it is important to concentrate our programing efforts fully on developing the multiplayer aspect of the game(hence no AI)

I would prefer it if we allowed a maximum of 8 players per game, giving 4 vs 4 capability. Which can be split up multiple ways.

I think its best if we keep multiplayer aspect purely human, ie no AI whatsoever. This should be our main goal.

However it would be nice, eventualy to have the option of running a linear single player campagin to introduce new players to the game.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://spartanstudioforum.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both? Empty Re: Game Type: SP, MP, MP with/without AI or both?

Post by jsmoore82 Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:36 pm

I would have to agree, get the game up and running with the lack of AI, but then come back and revsit it as a later up grade.
jsmoore82
jsmoore82
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum