New Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The good, the bad, and the ugly
Dialog, Unit, Requierments EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:45 pm by Admin

» Events are happing
Dialog, Unit, Requierments EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:29 pm by Admin

» Progress! . . .
Dialog, Unit, Requierments EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:10 pm by Admin

» Soulmen(jordan)
Dialog, Unit, Requierments EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm by soulmen

» Basic starting blocks
Dialog, Unit, Requierments EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:41 pm by Admin

» Okay so uni isn’t so demanding as I first thought.
Dialog, Unit, Requierments EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:39 pm by Admin

» MP Architecture: Client/Server or Peer-2-Peer?
Dialog, Unit, Requierments EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:34 pm by Daemn

» What I am working on at the Moment READ!
Dialog, Unit, Requierments EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:15 pm by Admin

» Development Framework available at SourceForge
Dialog, Unit, Requierments EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 am by Hairein

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dialog, Unit, Requierments

2 posters

Go down

Dialog, Unit, Requierments Empty Dialog, Unit, Requierments

Post by Admin Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:34 pm

Player: I want to build Squad X in Territory Y.

PlayerRes: Squad X, what resources do you need?
Squad X: PlayerRes, I need "A" amount.
PlayerRes: Player, Squad X says it needs "A" amount of resources.
Player: PlayerRes, I do/do not have that much.

Territory Y: Squad X, What buildings do you need?
Squad X: Territory Y, I need a level 3 B, Level 6 C, and Level 1 D
Territory Y: Squad X, I have/ do not have those buildings.

PlayerSci: Squad X, What research do you need?
Squad X: PlayerSci, I need RESEARCH
PlayerSci: Player, Squad X says it needs RESEARCH
Player: I do/do not have that

Territory Y: Player has that, please build.

After training completed

SquadList[i].CreateSquad( unit stats read in here );

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://spartanstudioforum.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Dialog, Unit, Requierments Empty Re: Dialog, Unit, Requierments

Post by Hairein Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:21 pm

Hi,
based on the sequence you detail, i'm a bit unsure about how the player starts their first turn and would like to read anyone's views on this:
1) Are we to assume that the players initially doesn't own any units and needs to place structures first at game start which will allow him to build units during her turns? Otherwise, we have to ensure each player has some units already at game start, turn 1.
2a) In order to place initial structures, the player will probably require some resources at startup, since he would have no units with which to gather enough resources to build. Is the way of handling units similar to how a RTS (C&C, Warcraft etc.) would do it, only turn-based?
2b) Are we talking of having specific civilian units which gather resources such as villagers in Age of Empires or are we just placing structures in the map to collect resources automatically?
3) How do we determine the initial spawn points for each player? Do we encode this while creating the map or does each player initially deploy structures and starting units freely within a given area?
Hairein
Hairein
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:00 pm

1) Are we to assume that the players initially doesn't own any units and needs to place structures first at game start which will allow him to build units during her turns? Otherwise, we have to ensure each player has some units already at game start, turn 1.

The player idealy should have some units already at the start of the game. i.e in turn 1.

2a) In order to place initial structures, the player will probably require some resources at startup, since he would have no units with which to gather enough resources to build. Is the way of handling units similar to how a RTS (C&C, Warcraft etc.) would do it, only turn-based?

The player will have a set amount of resources at the start of the game. The amount given would be determined by the start options chosen.

The way of handling units would be similar to a RTS whilst in the real time mode(combat) except the troops move around in many seperate groups.

2b) Are we talking of having specific civilian units which gather resources such as villagers in Age of Empires or are we just placing structures in the map to collect resources automatically?

The resources are gathered by structures automaticaly, at thje end of each game round, after all players have conducted their turns

3) How do we determine the initial spawn points for each player? Do we encode this while creating the map or does each player initially deploy structures and starting units freely within a given area?

Some points to consider

Does each player gets the same amount of starting territories
How are the starting territories determind, randomly or are they pre set in indivaly map data files
What is in each territory, what resources can be procured there. Does the territory offer any bonues?

I like your idea here of deploying structures and starting units freely at the start of the game, in the players territory, though I think this last point needs a little more disussion

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://spartanstudioforum.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down