New Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The good, the bad, and the ugly
Progress! . . . EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:45 pm by Admin

» Events are happing
Progress! . . . EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:29 pm by Admin

» Progress! . . .
Progress! . . . EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:10 pm by Admin

» Soulmen(jordan)
Progress! . . . EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm by soulmen

» Basic starting blocks
Progress! . . . EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:41 pm by Admin

» Okay so uni isn’t so demanding as I first thought.
Progress! . . . EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:39 pm by Admin

» MP Architecture: Client/Server or Peer-2-Peer?
Progress! . . . EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:34 pm by Daemn

» What I am working on at the Moment READ!
Progress! . . . EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:15 pm by Admin

» Development Framework available at SourceForge
Progress! . . . EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 am by Hairein

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Progress! . . .

Go down

Progress! . . . Empty Progress! . . .

After several months of programming, with a huge learning curve we have made some notable progress with our file-reading system and our basic graphics loader.

The reason for the first system was to enable us to produce stats for units, buildings and other game entities independent of program compilation. Our system now allows us to do this on a basic scale. We can write up to 256 units, 256 sorts of weapons, 256 sorts of armour, etc, independent of the code we write for the application. Although it may not be an all singing, all dancing piece of coding that a professional might end up with, I, and the rest of the team were pleased with the result.

We have also made a fairly large amount of progress in the graphics programming department. We can now load images and perform basic animation with our graphics engine. However even though this seems to work well the code is a little hap-hazard, it is more than likely that the code gets re-structured. (I overlooked the need to link the graphics system to the events system).

I suppose the next few months will involve making slight improvements to both these systems, as well as making a start on the events system and combat simulation. This will be the real test of whether what we have written so far is a plausible solution. Fingers crossed that it does, until next time wish me luck. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://spartanstudioforum.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum