New Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The good, the bad, and the ugly
My plot idea EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:45 pm by Admin

» Events are happing
My plot idea EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:29 pm by Admin

» Progress! . . .
My plot idea EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:10 pm by Admin

» Soulmen(jordan)
My plot idea EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm by soulmen

» Basic starting blocks
My plot idea EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:41 pm by Admin

» Okay so uni isn’t so demanding as I first thought.
My plot idea EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:39 pm by Admin

» MP Architecture: Client/Server or Peer-2-Peer?
My plot idea EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:34 pm by Daemn

» What I am working on at the Moment READ!
My plot idea EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:15 pm by Admin

» Development Framework available at SourceForge
My plot idea EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 am by Hairein

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My plot idea

4 posters

Go down

My plot idea Empty My plot idea

Post by Zeppo Marks Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:33 pm

This is just a really simple overview of what I got so far.

There are two main nations. Yours and the evil one. The evil one is in the midst of conquering the continent and the only thing standing between the fledgling empire and the rest of the world is your nation which is located on an isthmus. Your country is incredibly fortified and therefore not losing as easily as the evil empire would like. So to instigate your character’s anger and bring him out of the fortifications they send an assassin in to infiltrate and murder your queen. Their plan works only too well as you do exit the fortifications and destroy the sieging army. You tell your generals that you plan to retrieve your queen from Hades and ask only for volunteers. Your most loyal step forward. Your advisor reminds you the entrance to Hades is in the heart of the evil empire. You tell him that the evil empire will have to be destroyed if this is the case. So your army sets forth and begins conquering the city states of the evil empire. You liberate the city states of both humans and mythological creatures. You get to the gate of the head city state of the evil empire and the evil emperor meets your army and single handedly destroys it. You find out that the emperor is actually Ares and the entire war was spawned from his bloodlust. After you recover from your wounds you are visited by Athena and she tells you where to find certain items created by Hephaestus that would help you defeat Ares. You go to these locations and collect the items and face Ares at the gates once more. Once he realizes that you have the items he summons his army to face you. After you defeat him you find the entrance to Hades beneath his throne. You enter and must fight your way through Hades, taking on the likes of Cerberus and Hades’ other lieutenants and the forces of the underworld. Once you get to Hades he congratulates you on your progress and tells you that before you can go, one more challenge await you. You must then defeat Hades and his personal guard. However once you defeat him you find out that you have been tricked. You can either leave with your queen or your army. One must stay. You end up releasing your army and naming a successor. Then you plunge you sword into your gut. The world goes black. You awaken on a path in the middle of an expansive meadow. A valley cradled in a majestic mountain range. You look up to find a cottage on a hill. Sheep grazing lazily. And a woman standing in the doorway. It’s your queen. You stand up and walk to her. Happily ever after.

Tell me what you all think and any critiques you have are appreciated.

Zeppo Marks
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

My plot idea Empty Re: My plot idea

Post by Admin Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:58 pm

It has potential, I recon the most part of it would work. One thing I don't think we will be able to do though is the battles in the underground, we'll have to gesee how good we are at generating terrian for above ground first.

cut it up into sections now so the first game would be the battle outside the gates.
write a few lines of conversation between the genrel and the led character etc. . . . you know what to do . . the storyline is good

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://spartanstudioforum.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jsmoore82 Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:33 am

I really like the story line. I think it has great potential but the question I have is does it fit with genre we are going for. Or, do we hava a multi-genre game where the player can either do the RPG storyline, kingdom simulation, or both (being able to do a mini story quest as a turn) Think DND Birthright: Gorgon's Alliance for a guage of what I am trying to discribe.

But I really do like the storyline!
jsmoore82
jsmoore82
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

My plot idea Empty RE: My plot idea

Post by Zeppo Marks Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:22 am

When it comes to the underground concern, that's not really a problem. I looked it up and the traditional Greek underworld wasn't like Dante's version of Hell. It was actually over the horizon. So I might just do that instead. It'll be more accurate and easier to make, Say the empire's capital is the only city with an actual harbor and fleet of ships that can get there?

And as for the genre question I was imagining this sort of like the Total War series. But I was thinking of the combat sections as more fantastical than Total War. Kind of like the Kessen series. Just having more storytelling options as you move your units around the battleground. I wasn't really thinking any RPG elements. Though I suppose maybe a simple XP/Leveling system with some stats might add to the game play. That's not my area though. Just tossing ideas out there.

Zeppo Marks
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:08 am

the storylines will only be used in campgains and not the single player standard maps.

I think the idea of having the choice to follow a storyline would be a good idea. as Zeppo said the main charecter will gain experiance as so will all the other troops in your army as time gose by.

The only difference in game play is the storyline, which will take place between the campaign levels in the form of cut scencs etc. As well as in game flavour text when the user completes an important task.

So basicly you have the optio of following a story line or doing your bog standard kingdom/game. Smile

I dont want the game to get to fantasy though as there still has to be a scense of reality.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeppo Marks Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:38 pm

When it comes to the fantasy aspect are we going light on the mythology and heavier on straight military and culture. Because I was thinking about trying to make it kind of like the epics of ancient Greece. With mythological creatures and heroes. And the way I'm imagining it, it does work with the real-time combat system. Well either way, I'm going to disappear for a bit while I start hardcore writing. I'm going to do all of the writing on Google Docs so if I can get everyone's email addresses then I can invite you all to view progress as it's made.

Zeppo Marks
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:44 pm

It depends what everyone else wants to do. I personaly don't mind the odd bit of fantasy here and there, as long as we don't have people flying round on spining disks, zaping everyone with fire balls.

I guess It would be okay to include the odd mythical creature here and there to reflect the greek culture so I think it would be good to have at least some fantasy included Smile

can you send us the address for that Google docs. I'll post a list of everyones e-mail address here soon

Last edited by Admin on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeppo Marks Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Alright. I was thinking of being able to have Minotaur or Centaur units and generals but it wasn't integral to the plot by any means, so either way no big deal. But having mythological creatures as enemies was a bit more important. I think it would break the monotony of human vs human Total War style combat that is sometimes a problem with those games. Just a thought though.

The website is: docs.google.com

Zeppo Marks
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeppo Marks Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:29 am

I updated the story finally. It's on the wiki for you all.

Zeppo Marks
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Hairein Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Hello,
I like the story idea and I agree this would fit a series of maps in a single-player campaign.
If we are going to stick with the multiplayer aspect of this game first, we would need to focus our design on that aspect though, otherwise this will grow too big for us.

Also, I normally suggest the multiplayer maps reuse the environments as designed for the single player story but it would be hard to use those kind of maps as multiplayer maps, because single player maps often aren't balanced or symmetric.

Great to see we are using the Wiki.
Hairein
Hairein
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum