New Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The good, the bad, and the ugly
MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:45 pm by Admin

» Events are happing
MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:29 pm by Admin

» Progress! . . .
MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:10 pm by Admin

» Soulmen(jordan)
MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm by soulmen

» Basic starting blocks
MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:41 pm by Admin

» Okay so uni isn’t so demanding as I first thought.
MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:39 pm by Admin

» MP Architecture: Client/Server or Peer-2-Peer?
MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:34 pm by Daemn

» What I am working on at the Moment READ!
MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:15 pm by Admin

» Development Framework available at SourceForge
MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 am by Hairein

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round

2 posters

Go down

MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round Empty MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round

Post by Hairein Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:23 am

Hello everyone,
it seems to me we have moved into the direction of a turn-based game. I'm thinking we should decide a few things regarding this:
Assume turn= a phase of each players activity until all units have been handled.
Assume round= a phase of all turns of all players in a specific game.

Sequence of a turn, round
I'm thinking first a deployment phase, since we would assume units are not produced during the turns, but are only to be moved, attacks performed and capture points taken. Is this assumption correct? The idea would then be that each player must somehow build their army outside of the game phase itself, so we should discuss that too.
After deployment, for each round we would let each player register her moves, attacks and actions in their turn.
Finally, the moves and attacks of all players would be resolved at the end of the round.

Looking forward to your feedback. Greetings.

Last edited by Hairein on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hairein
Hairein
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round Empty Re: MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round

Post by Admin Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:55 pm

Yes this is correct. As you said the units and constructions that a player "Makes" in their turn will have to be introduced into the game at the end of the round. i.e. when all players involved have made their desisions. else this would be unfair on certain players in the game.

I was also thinking that the amount of time a player gets to conduct their mos in their turn should also be limited. This would keep the game flowing at a relative stable pace.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://spartanstudioforum.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round Empty Re: MP Design, Sequence of a turn and a round

Post by Hairein Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Admin wrote:Yes this is correct. As you said the units and constructions that a player "Makes" in their turn will have to be introduced into the game at the end of the round. i.e. when all players involved have made their desisions. else this would be unfair on certain players in the game.

I was also thinking that the amount of time a player gets to conduct their mos in their turn should also be limited. This would keep the game flowing at a relative stable pace.

I'm having problems bringing the design of the turn-based, strategic part of the game together with the real-time battle element. My worries are due to the number of players together in one game. For example, when 2 players go into real-time battle, what do the other players do in the meantime?

I would suggest doing the game entirely turn-based (preferred) or entirely real-time. The mix, escpecially considering the number of players per game, could cause the players problems and complicate development unneccessarily. Let me read your ideas here.
Hairein
Hairein
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:28 pm

Hum, yes ...that is an issue I overlooked sorry.

In that case then I see two options.

We either have a turn based multipler version of the game, where the battles are worked out by the computer, or

The Multiplayer games consist of a 2-8 of players selecting a set of units with which to fight from, on a 'battlefield'. Each player has the choice of going on side 1 or side 2, and fight it out in a real time simulation.

Eventually we'll need both of these options for the single player game anyway so it dosnt realy matter wjhich one we go for, at the moment. If anyone has any prefences state them here.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://spartanstudioforum.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down